basic metricsIn Web analytics, the study of the impact of a Web site on its users, basic metrics is the term used to refer to the most basic information needed to understand a site's consumption. Basic metrics consists of the following data:
- Visits: represents the number of sessions on your Web site, the number of times someone interacted with your site.
- Bounce: is the number of those who left instantly.
- Pageviews: the number is how many pages were requested in those visits and how many in each visit, Pages / Visit.
- Average Time on Site: how long did people stay on your site.
- Percent New Visits: shows how many sessions, interactions, were from people who visited your site for the first time.
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the current devices that we use today. Read More »Small Business Marketing's Greatest Hits
The following compilation of small business marketing tips highlights some of the expert advice published over at Small Business Computing. Read More »13 Best Free Android Apps
From secure messaging to document editing, our top free must-have apps have been rated, reviewed and named the best free Android apps of 2015. Read More »
With cost and security in mind, we look at five cloud storage options that will suit the needs of most home and SMB owners. Read More »Windows 10 Tips for Desktop PC
Five basic tips to help you customize Windows 10 on your desktop PC. Read More »29 Free Android Apps for Cash-Strapped Students
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »