(1) The original band of frequencies of a signal before it is modulated for transmission at a higher frequency.
(2) A type of data transmission in which digital or analog data is sent over a single unmultiplexed channel, such as an Ethernet LAN. Baseband transmission use TDM to send simultaneous bits of data along the full bandwidth of the transmission channel.
Compare with broadband.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »