Integrated Circuits (ICs)
Integrated Circuits are chips made from semiconductor material. Integrated circuits are associated with multi-port memories, nanotechnology, as well as silicon.
From semiconductor to transistor, our integrated circuits dictionary offers a glossary of terms you should know.
- 90 nanometer
- active component
- Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller
- ASIC - Application-Specific Integrated Circuit
- automatic test equipment
- Built-In Self-Test
- digital-to-analog converter
- DSP - digital signal processing
- integrated circuit
- JMicron RAID Configuration
- large-scale integration (LSI)
- Moore's Law
- multi-port memories
- passive component
- power factor correction
- Programmable Interrupt Controller
- single electron transistor
- surface-mount technology
- Texas Instruments
- through-hole technology
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
Perceptual computing is the ability for a computer to recognize what is going on around it. More specifically, the computer can perceive the... Read More »Apple Pay Promises to Strengthen Payment Security
Experts believe that Apple Pay and other competitive payment systems will be far more secure than cards, even cards equipped with EMV chips. Read More »The Great Data Storage Debate: Is Tape Dead?
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »