25 Private Cloud Computing Vendors to Consider
Building a private cloud is often the first step in cloud computing for many organizations. Here's 25 vendors, platforms and service providers you can research for your own private cloud project.
Building a private cloud is often the first step in cloud computing for many organizations. A private cloud is designed to offer the same features and benefits of public cloud systems, but removes a number of objections to the cloud computing model because it is implemented within the corporate firewall under the control of the IT department.
25 Private Cloud Vendors to Consider
Many major vendors and small cloud providers have a private cloud offering that is available for on-premises deployment or available as a secure hosted offering ("managed cloud services").
Here's a list of 30 vendors, platforms and service providers you can research for your own private cloud project:
- Abiquo Private Cloud Solutions
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- BlueLock Virtual Private Clouds
- BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
- CA Technologies Cloud Solutions
- Cisco Private Cloud solutions
- Citrix CloudPlatform (Open Source)
- CloudStack (open source software)
- Dell Cloud Solutions
- Enomaly Elastic Computing Platform (Acquired by Virtustream)
- Eucalyptus Cloud Platform
- GoGrid cloud hosting platform
- IBM SmartCloud Foundation
- Microsoft Private Cloud
- Novell Cloud Manager
- OpenNebula (Open Source Project)
- OpenStack (Open Source Software)
- Piston Cloud Computing (Enterprise OpenStack)
- Rackspace Private Cloud (Powered by OpenStack)
- Red Hat Cloud
- Savvis Symphony Virtual Private Solutions
- SUSE Cloud (Powered by OpenStack)
- VMware Private Cloud Computing
With the idea of building a private cloud a daunting proposition for many companies, the best advice for how to build a private cloud is to start small and then continue to grow the cloud computing project over time. Learn more about private cloud projects in this Webopedia definition.
Webopedia's Cloud Computing Glossary
From planning a private cloud project to finding an online cloud storage provider, Webopedia's A-Z Cloud Computing Glossary will help you understand the language that has surfaced around the topic of cloud computing.
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »15 Important Big Data Facts for IT Professionals
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »Hype Versus Action in the Developer's World
Often times technologies start as hype but with time become adopted. As a developer or technologist, it is worth reading the hype and knowing the... Read More »Microsoft Hyper-V Network Virtualization Q&A
The top 5 Hyper-V questions with answers provided by Nirmal Sharma, a MCSEx3, MCITP and Microsoft MVP in Directory Services. Read More »