5 Small Business Mobile Server Monitoring Apps
Proper monitoring of your small business server ensures high availability and performance for your business applications. New smartphone and tablet applications can help system administrators remotely control servers, even when you can't be in the office.
Using a mobile application (mobile app), system administrators can remote login to systems to address server problems, view health and status updates and you can also set mobile notifications to alert you when something is wrong.
Recommended Reading: Does My SMB Need a Server?
5 Mobile Server Monitoring Apps
1. Mon.itor.us: A free website, server and traffic monitoring service from Monitis. The free app is a native agent for Windows, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, Solaris. It offers computer resource utilization monitoring (CPU, RAM, storage and network) and the complete Mon.itor.us toolkit includes application performance monitoring, website up-time monitoring and other features. Monitis offers both Android and Web-based mobile server monitoring apps.
2. PC Monitor: An app to manage your server from iPhone, iPad, Android or windows 7-based mobile devices. The "Monitor Everything" apps lets you manage all computer resources, network performance, IIS, Exchange, Active Directory and Hyper-V. Small business server administrators can define smart custom rules to fine tune alert conditions that can notify you and run specific tasks when triggered.
3. SerafinSoft Server Monitor: This simple server monitor app for Android devices can help small businesses keep an eye on your server anywhere you go. The app supports TCP and SSH tunneling. The app is free and the current version (1.2.2) supports Android 1.6 and up.
4. Server Density: An iPhone server monitoring app that sends server push notifications to your iPhone. The app features real time CPU load, memory usage, disk usage, network traffic & Apache status and server push notification alerts when things go wrong. You can pause and resume alerts when you are fixing a problem and view historical graphs. Server Density mobile server monitoring apps are available for the iPhone and Android devices.
5. spc-m Server Monitor: A free app for Android devices to monitor servers with a manual refresh. The app allows you to check the accessibility of server using one of three protocols: HTTP, TCP or ECHO.You can also use standard ping tools for check any hosts and receive a list of IP entries for selected host (nslookup like). The app is free and the current version (1.0.6) supports Android 2.1 and up.
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »Enterprise Storage Vendors
There's a number of vendors that sell enterprise storage hardware or offer cloud-based enterprise storage. View Webopedia's Enterprise storage... Read More »50 Cloud Computing Terms Defined
From planning a private cloud project to finding an online cloud storage provider, Webopedia's A-Z Cloud Computing Glossary will help you... Read More »
- Enterprise Mobility Exchange results show continued growth and emphasis on mobility. CIOInsight breaks down the numbers here. »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
From the widest view, everything that we include under the heading of mobile has irrevocably changed IT's relationship with the rest of the... Read More »Choosing an Enterprise Storage Implementation
When you deploy a new enterprise storage system, you must decide whether to design and build your own storage system or to utilize a cloud-based... Read More »Big Data Analytics Expert Predictions
In this Webopedia Did You Know...? article we look at three big data expert predictions for 2014. Read More »