5 Small Business Mobile Server Monitoring Apps
Mobile server monitoring apps can help small business IT view server health and get real-time notifications on your mobile phone when something goes wrong.
Proper monitoring of your small business server ensures high availability and performance for your business applications. New smartphone and tablet applications can help system administrators remotely control servers, even when you can't be in the office.
Using a mobile application (mobile app), system administrators can remote login to systems to address server problems, view health and status updates and you can also set mobile notifications to alert you when something is wrong.
Recommended Reading: Does My SMB Need a Server?
5 Mobile Server Monitoring Apps
1. Mon.itor.us: A free website, server and traffic monitoring service from Monitis. The free app is a native agent for Windows, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, Solaris. It offers computer resource utilization monitoring (CPU, RAM, storage and network) and the complete Mon.itor.us toolkit includes application performance monitoring, website up-time monitoring and other features. Monitis offers both Android and Web-based mobile server monitoring apps.
2. PC Monitor: An app to manage your server from iPhone, iPad, Android or windows 7-based mobile devices. The "Monitor Everything" apps lets you manage all computer resources, network performance, IIS, Exchange, Active Directory and Hyper-V. Small business server administrators can define smart custom rules to fine tune alert conditions that can notify you and run specific tasks when triggered.
3. SerafinSoft Server Monitor: This simple server monitor app for Android devices can help small businesses keep an eye on your server anywhere you go. The app supports TCP and SSH tunneling. The app is free and the current version (1.2.2) supports Android 1.6 and up.
4. Server Density: An iPhone server monitoring app that sends server push notifications to your iPhone. The app features real time CPU load, memory usage, disk usage, network traffic & Apache status and server push notification alerts when things go wrong. You can pause and resume alerts when you are fixing a problem and view historical graphs. Server Density mobile server monitoring apps are available for the iPhone and Android devices.
5. spc-m Server Monitor: A free app for Android devices to monitor servers with a manual refresh. The app allows you to check the accessibility of server using one of three protocols: HTTP, TCP or ECHO.You can also use standard ping tools for check any hosts and receive a list of IP entries for selected host (nslookup like). The app is free and the current version (1.0.6) supports Android 2.1 and up.
With cost and security in mind, we look at five cloud storage options that will suit the needs of most home and SMB owners. Read More »Windows 10 Tips for Desktop PC
Five basic tips to help you customize Windows 10 on your desktop PC. Read More »29 Free Android Apps for Cash-Strapped Students
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
The following compilation of small business marketing tips highlights some of the expert advice published over at Small Business Computing. Read More »Taking Ownership through Digital Governance
Taking ownership of our own misjudgments or simple forgetfulness takes a healthy amount of humility and some honest self-assessment. Yet sometimes... Read More »Have We Become a World of Addicts?
It's hard to imagine our lives without smartphones. But people who suffer separation anxiety when they don't have their phones nearby may be in... Read More »