5 Small Business Mobile Server Monitoring Apps
Mobile server monitoring apps can help small business IT view server health and get real-time notifications on your mobile phone when something goes wrong.
Proper monitoring of your small business server ensures high availability and performance for your business applications. New smartphone and tablet applications can help system administrators remotely control servers, even when you can't be in the office.
Using a mobile application (mobile app), system administrators can remote login to systems to address server problems, view health and status updates and you can also set mobile notifications to alert you when something is wrong.
Recommended Reading: Does My SMB Need a Server?
5 Mobile Server Monitoring Apps
1. Mon.itor.us: A free website, server and traffic monitoring service from Monitis. The free app is a native agent for Windows, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, Solaris. It offers computer resource utilization monitoring (CPU, RAM, storage and network) and the complete Mon.itor.us toolkit includes application performance monitoring, website up-time monitoring and other features. Monitis offers both Android and Web-based mobile server monitoring apps.
2. PC Monitor: An app to manage your server from iPhone, iPad, Android or windows 7-based mobile devices. The "Monitor Everything" apps lets you manage all computer resources, network performance, IIS, Exchange, Active Directory and Hyper-V. Small business server administrators can define smart custom rules to fine tune alert conditions that can notify you and run specific tasks when triggered.
3. SerafinSoft Server Monitor: This simple server monitor app for Android devices can help small businesses keep an eye on your server anywhere you go. The app supports TCP and SSH tunneling. The app is free and the current version (1.2.2) supports Android 1.6 and up.
4. Server Density: An iPhone server monitoring app that sends server push notifications to your iPhone. The app features real time CPU load, memory usage, disk usage, network traffic & Apache status and server push notification alerts when things go wrong. You can pause and resume alerts when you are fixing a problem and view historical graphs. Server Density mobile server monitoring apps are available for the iPhone and Android devices.
5. spc-m Server Monitor: A free app for Android devices to monitor servers with a manual refresh. The app allows you to check the accessibility of server using one of three protocols: HTTP, TCP or ECHO.You can also use standard ping tools for check any hosts and receive a list of IP entries for selected host (nslookup like). The app is free and the current version (1.0.6) supports Android 2.1 and up.
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
Does this sound familiar? An online service promises to help your small business cut costs, increase productivity, make your coffee and walk your... Read More »Who's Moving Ahead in Cloud Computing?
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »We Can't Give Up on Privacy!
Even new and emerging technologies that can make our lives easier, safer and healthier can jeopardize our privacy. Read More »