Electronic technology is the science having to do with the development and application of electronic devices. Examples of electronic technology are the development of computers and mobile devices.
From developing computers to working with mobile devices, this electronic technology glossary offers definitions to key terms you need to know more about.
- BPL repeater
- capacitive keyboard
- clamping voltage
- duty cycle
- EMI - electromagnetic interference
- hold-up time
- logic gate
- Nyquist's Law
- Ohm��s Law
- PDU - Protocol Data Unit or Power Distribution Unit
- power brick
- power conditioner
- power factor correction
- power line Ethernet bridge
- power line networking
- power supply
- surge protector
- UPS - uninterruptible power supply
- voltage regulator
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
To make the IoT both work and pay off, IT is juggling upgrading and building app-centric networks, mapping out new data center architectures and... Read More »What You Don't Read Can Hurt You
Does this sound familiar? An online service promises to help your small business cut costs, increase productivity, make your coffee and walk your... Read More »Who's Moving Ahead in Cloud Computing?
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »