Electronic technology is the science having to do with the development and application of electronic devices. Examples of electronic technology are the development of computers and mobile devices.
From developing computers to working with mobile devices, this electronic technology glossary offers definitions to key terms you need to know more about.
- BPL repeater
- capacitive keyboard
- clamping voltage
- duty cycle
- EMI - electromagnetic interference
- hold-up time
- logic gate
- Nyquist's Law
- Ohm's Law
- PDU - Protocol Data Unit or Power Distribution Unit
- power brick
- power conditioner
- power factor correction
- power line Ethernet bridge
- power line networking
- power supply
- surge protector
- UPS - uninterruptible power supply
- voltage regulator
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
Perceptual computing is the ability for a computer to recognize what is going on around it. More specifically, the computer can perceive the... Read More »Apple Pay Promises to Strengthen Payment Security
Experts believe that Apple Pay and other competitive payment systems will be far more secure than cards, even cards equipped with EMV chips. Read More »The Great Data Storage Debate: Is Tape Dead?
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »