Electronic technology is the science having to do with the development and application of electronic devices. Examples of electronic technology are the development of computers and mobile devices.
From developing computers to working with mobile devices, this electronic technology glossary offers definitions to key terms you need to know more about.
- BPL repeater
- capacitive keyboard
- clamping voltage
- duty cycle
- EMI - electromagnetic interference
- hold-up time
- logic gate
- Nyquist's Law
- Ohm��s Law
- PDU - Protocol Data Unit or Power Distribution Unit
- power brick
- power conditioner
- power factor correction
- power line Ethernet bridge
- power line networking
- power supply
- surge protector
- UPS - uninterruptible power supply
- voltage regulator
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
Because nothing says "I Love You" Like an open source app. Read More »Guarding your Data against Cyber Attacks
In this new era of heightened stakes comes an increased need for a comprehensive security strategy. Let's take a look at how cyber-threats have... Read More »The Great Data Storage Debate: Is Tape Dead?
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »