Electronic technology is the science having to do with the development and application of electronic devices. Examples of electronic technology are the development of computers and mobile devices.
From developing computers to working with mobile devices, this electronic technology glossary offers definitions to key terms you need to know more about.
- BPL repeater
- capacitive keyboard
- clamping voltage
- duty cycle
- EMI - electromagnetic interference
- hold-up time
- logic gate
- Nyquist's Law
- Ohm's Law
- PDU - Protocol Data Unit or Power Distribution Unit
- power brick
- power conditioner
- power factor correction
- power line Ethernet bridge
- power line networking
- power supply
- surge protector
- UPS - uninterruptible power supply
- voltage regulator
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
Taking ownership of our own misjudgments or simple forgetfulness takes a healthy amount of humility and some honest self-assessment. Yet sometimes... Read More »Have We Become a World of Addicts?
It's hard to imagine our lives without smartphones. But people who suffer separation anxiety when they don't have their phones nearby may be in... Read More »13 Best Free Android Apps
From secure messaging to document editing, our top free must-have apps have been rated, reviewed and named the best free Android apps of 2015. Read More »