10 Quick Tips for Social Media Marketing
Social Media Defined: Social media is a phrase used to describe a variety of Web-based platforms, applications and technologies that enable people to socially interact with one another online.
10 Quick Social Media Tips
To be successful in social media you need time and dedication. You can't hurry the process or be slack in participating in the conversation. The following 10 social media tips will help you turn potentially wasted time into positive social conversations.
1. It Takes Time: It can take a long time to build your social media presence. Be prepared to put in time: clear your schedule so you have a small amount of time to spend on social media every day.
2. Be Human: A good idea is to humanize your company. Put a name to your brand and create a sense of intimacy without automating the process.
3. Stop Selling, Start Talking: Stop putting most of your energy into selling products in social. Instead make conversation and talk to people.
4. Build an Audience First: Build an audience first and then promote your business through unique Facebook Tabs or Twitter.
5. Use Social Media Tools: Use tools like Twitter’s search to find anything related to your business and jump in on that conversation.
6. Don't Forget YouTube and Blogs: YouTube and blogs are important to your brand in Google search results. You can reach people who don't use Twitter or Facebook.
7. Consider Giveaways and Promotions: Use giveaways and promotions to increase your followers or Facebook Likes but tell people why you’re running the promotion (e.g. to gain Likes, to share a specific image and so on).
8. Create Social Content: Social media is not always about the sale. Create good social media content to expand your reach.
9. Sponsor Events: Find unique local or industry-related events to sponsor like a Tweet-up (an event where Twitter users meet in person) or local social media group to reach a group of people who are already connected to promote your business
10. Advertise Social Links: Post your social links everywhere: on your website, shopping cart checkout page, in all email marketing messages and business advertisements or cards.
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
From cute electronic toys to VR gaming, here are 5 hot gifts to give to your special tech enthusiast this holiday season. Read More »What's Hot in Tech: AI Tops the List
Like everything in technology, AI touches on so many other trends, like self-driving cars and automation, and Big Data and the Internet of Things... Read More »DevOp's Role in Application Security
As organizations rush to release new applications, security appears to be getting short shrift. DevSecOps is a new approach that holds promise. Read More »
Java is a high-level programming language. This guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of syntax, variables, data types and... Read More »Java Basics, Part 2
This second Study Guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of operators, modifiers and control Structures. Read More »The 7 Layers of the OSI Model
The Open System Interconnection (OSI) model defines a networking framework to implement protocols in seven layers. Use this handy guide to compare... Read More »